Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Some Hearts Just Get Stomped All Over and Murdered Sometimes

Well, it's official. Not Facebook official... yet. But I will no longer be writing as a taken girl. I will be... the dumped girl. The girl who got dumped an hour ago. I'm sure you can understand that I'm not exactly in my normally pleasant mood. So, I will share a poem that I wrote for your pleasure about liars who need to have their balls ripped off and chewed by sharks. Such a lovely image :).

Here they come, the same sweet words
Rich, warm, soft like honey
But underneath, I can taste
The dark bitterness of truth
Always there, boiling in my blood
Sometimes visible, sometimes not
Your voice of silk says lovely words
Snake venom sweetened with sugar
But i see your cold eyes, shards of black ice
And though the honey tastes so sweet
The bitter herbs sting my tongue
You look surprised, darling
Do you take me for a fool?
More sweet lies pour into my ears
Begging forgiveness, promising to change
You put on quite a show, such entertainment
As I ride off into the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment